A moisture balance, also called a moisture analyzer, is often found in food processing labs to measure the amount of moisture in substances such as flour, ground seed meal, mash, and baked goods.
Moisture balances determine the loss of water or loss on drying (LOD). This is done by the continuous recording of the weight while the sample is heated and dried using a halogen lamp.
The unit weighs the sample before and after the removal of moisture. When the sample no longer loses weight, the difference between the two weights is measured and this value is used to calculate the moisture content.
A&D models: MS-70 / MX-50 / MF-50 / ML-50
- Fast and uniform heating with halogen lamp and innovative Secondary Radiation Assist (SRA) technology
- Halogen lamp lasts for 5000 hours and is easily replaced
- Repeatable and accurate moisture content determination made possible due to high precision weighing
- Five different measurement modes
- High moisture content measurement (0.001% resolution)
- Conforms to GLP, GMP, GCP and ISO with date/time, ID, calibration data, and check record outputs
- No special knowledge or training required
- Produces no harmful waste
- RS-232C data port for bi-directional communication with a PC or printer
- WinCT-Moisture software (MS and MX models) provides real-time graph display of moisture content rate change when measuring while connected to a PC